Hello..my family has experienced two unplanned pregnancies..my son's gf, and my daughter, while on depo.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Marysville, CA

My son is 20 in college, his gf is 18, still in high school. This pregnancy has caused undo stress and financial burdens.
A year and a half ago my daughter became pregnant on depo. This, unplanned pregnancy again caused stress and financial burdens.
What are the odds that this same shot can affect one family in such a profound way? Do we have a chance for a lawsuit even for stress and compensation?

1. Eric Jerome Gold

Pro

3

Best Answer

Answered . Not all drugs work for everyone and there are generally disclaimers stating such. That being said, if repo doesn't work for your family, trying something else. It is highly unlikely that you will be able to sue the drug manufacturer for the stress and financial burden of the pregnancies.

2. Shawn Michael Haggerty

2

Answered . In legal terms, depo is considered deposition. Damages for stress an compensation are a rarew and unlikley request. I politley request family planning or buying condoms. Good luck and
    God bless.

3. Thomas Anthony Schaeffer

1

Answered . Hello, this is not my area of law but I edited the practice area to include some related fields to help get you to the people most qualified.

Good luck!

4. Stephen Ross Cohen

1

Answered . What do you mean by depo? it is an obvious abreviaton. No birth control is 100% they took chances and lost, but at least you are grandparents now. I am still waiting for my first grandchild.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen California State Bar #60834, fax 1-888-958-5642, cell phone for appointment only 213-819-1171. I primarily practice in Los Angeles and Orange County but have been admitted other states and countries Pro Hac Vice. I have practiced extensively in Family Law, Criminal Law, and Personal Injury and have forgotten how many trials I have been in. I like to listen to my client's recitation of their version of the facts, and their desired outcome--then pose questions to them to determine the viability of their case and their personal ability to testify. Then I decide if I will take their case (I hate Losing). If I do not want to take your case get a second or third opinion sometimes I am wrong, or we just do not have the chemistry to work together. My hourly rate is $400 plus costs, travel and lodging expenses. I take no contingency fee cases under $500,000. The answers here do not create an attorney-client relationship obviously I would spend a great deal more time with a client even on a small matter.
    Of course, but some attorneys also advertising (by posting answers) have called me a blatant and unabashed attorney and after thirty eight years of practice all I can reply is "they can kiss my ass".

Some of the questions lack much detail that would be fleshed out in an extensive office interview and this must be pointed out. Further some of the questions reveal a bias on the questioner's behalf. People and Judges (a few) would benefit from thinking what this looks like from the other side (the opposition) and the Judge's view before firing bullets which may cause self-inflicted wounds such as a irritating the judge or looking foolish. Self-inflicted wounds are the worst and most embarrassing!

Why are attorneys afraid to advertise their hourly rates? Which attorneys can do in 4 hours what I accomplish in 1 hour? Prospective clients might ask that as well. And always leave an attorney's office who promises or guarantees anything as they are either stupid or lying or both. Often times at trial partys and witnesses change or add or forget testimony or there may even be new parties added. Going to trial is like throwing dice, 7 is most often, but there are other combinations and an experienced attorney can only give an educated guess!

Very truly yours,

Stephen R. Cohen

you have no cause of action for these unplanned pregnancies unles the medicine caused birth defects