Hello, i want to go back to the Philippines so that i can study there.. do you think embassy will allow me?

Alpharetta, GA |

i am an adoptive child and now here in georgia for just 1 week and half

You did not tell us whether or not your adoption too place in Georgia, how old you are, or anything we would need to learn about your situation to provide help. However, what you are asking is not really the type of thing this forum is for - a specific fact scenario doesn't really seem to be the appropriate kind of question to put to avvo lawyers!

The information contained in this electronic communication and any documents or other files attached to and accompanying this transmission may contain information that is legally protected, including legally-privileged attorney-client confidential communications. The information contained in this electronic communication and any attachments thereto are intended only for the express attention of the recipient named above. The authorized recipient so identified is prohibited from disclosing this information to any other party unless expressly permitted to do so by law or regulation. If you are not the intended recipient of this electronic communication, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized use, disclosure, copying, or distribution of this information is strictly prohibited, and may give rise to legal sanctions. If you have received this information in error, please immediately notify Merlinus Monroe at 678-450-9743 and take action for the return or destruction of this communication. The website of Merlinus Goodman Monroe, LLC, and the receipt or use of information contained therein or accessed thereby is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship, nor does the act of sending an email to Merlinus Monroe or soliciting his opinion without a binding Attorney- Client Agreement in place create an attorney-client relationship. Users of this site should not act or refrain from acting based upon information obtained from the website without also seeking professional counsel and legal representation regarding the specific facts and circumstances at issue in their individual case. This user does not accept, nor may this e-mail address be used for, electronic transmission of service of pleadings or process. All pleadings and process must be served physically, by either personal service or by mail delivered to Post Office Box 2686, Gainesville, Georgia 30503.

I believe you are saying that you were born in there and adopted here in Georgia. Now that you are a US Citizen through your adoption, you want to know what your status would be there. If that is the case, you should consult with an immigration attorney, as I believe you will be looked at as any other US Citizen looking to study there. You may get a better answer directing your question to an immigration forum and giving a few more details as the other attorney suggested.

The above information is general in nature. In order to obtain more specific and legal advice upon which to base your important decisions, please contact our office directly for a free phone or in person consultation. Robert M. Gardner, Jr. Hicks, Massey & Gardner, LLP 53 W. Candler St. Or 718 Oak St. Winder, Ga. 30680 Gainesville, Georgia (770) 307-4899 (770) 538-0555 serving metro Atlanta and all of Northeast Georgia Bankruptcy, Divorce, Personal Injury, Worker’s Compensation, Medical Malpractice, Adoption, Civil and Criminal Litigation

Whoa, Nelly! This is more of an immigration question than an adoption question! About which, I just told you everything I know!

I have no idea what "the Embassy" will do (if that's what matters!). Only been in Georgia for a week and a half --- meaning, the adoption didn't occur here? You're originally from the Philippines? American citizen?

Frankly, I don't think your adoptive status has anything to do with it.

I hope you're also asking this question in the immigration forums!

God Bless!

Hi: You should clarify by asking the following question, in order to get better answers:

I am (how many) years old. My current status in the USA is (describe if you have a green card, or if you are a U.S. citizen).

I was adopted by (by a U.S. citizen? If so, how old were you when adopted?).

Describe if you still have a Philippines passport? If so, how or why do you still have this passport?

Where do you want to study in the Philippines?

Are you referring to the U.S. embassy? or the Philippines embassy?

This is general advice regarding immigration law and is not meant to be taken as specific advice to a particular person or circumstance.

Recommended articles about Immigration