Hello! i sent in my paperwork for the green card to chicago lockbox. How long does it usually take to get a receipt?

Oneonta, NY |
Filed under: Immigration Green cards

sent paperwork in for a family based green card. when can i expect to get any kind of notification of acceptance from the uscis?

10-14 days
    Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry

Law Office of Luis A. Guerra (954) 434-5800. This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice.

2. Hopefully you sent it certified with a return receipt requested. You will get that back first. 2 to 6 weeks to get the receipt.

3. I agree with Attorney Mulder.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.