Hello, I'm trying to apply for a refugee travel document (i-131) and I have a question.

Asked about 1 year ago - Houston, TX

In part6 of the application question number 1 says : "Country from which you are a refugee or asylee".
I'm an iraqi citizen who has applied for refugee OUTSIDE iraq in jordan.

Could someone explain the question to me.
Meaning, do I write Iraq or Jordan as the answer in the application?
thank you in advance.

I left iraq in 2007 and lived in jordan and in jordan I applied for refugee to the US.
I'm currently in the US and have a white card and I have a family emergency in Jordan so I need to return there for a month.

1. Wendy Rebecca Barlow

3

Answered . I assume you sought refugee status, because you feared persecution if forced to return to Iraq. If so, you received refugee status from Iraq.

2. Andrew Chung

1

Answered . I agree with my colleague. The country from which you sought refuge from is Iraq.

3. Simone Rosemarie Coley

1

Answered . Which country did you seek refuge from?

Simone Coley, Bachand & Bachand; 855-422-2426. 189 State Street, Suite 100, Bridgeport, CT 06604.