Hello, I have two short questions regarding immigration and taxes Thanks in advance.

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

Hello,

1. I wanted to know when filing taxes should I have used my ITIN number which obviously is due to having a SSNthat belonged to someone else OR should the new daca SSN be used?
I have not updated my new SSN at my job yet.

2. how does one update their ITIN to the new SSN from daca at the Social security office?
Will the ssn office wonder why I have an ITIN or would they be able to tell it belonged to a different person? I did not know it belonged to a different person, I thought it was just a made up one.

Thanks in advance.

1. Alena Shautsova

Pro

4

6

Answered . I believe you should have disclosed the fact that you were using a different SSN when you were applying for DACA. Now, if you never used anybody's SSN and just used your TAX ID, you should just 1. go to a CPA or a TAX attorney and see if you need to refile taxes under the new SSN. And, yes, now you should receive and use YOUR SSN. Good luck.

2. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

3

1

Answered . I agree with my colleague. use your new SSN.

3. Bruce Givner

1

Answered . Just get a Social Security number and start using it.