Hello, I am interested in starting and teaching a children's Karate class at a local park gymnasium.

Woodland Hills, CA |
Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes

hello, I am interested in starting and teaching a children's Karate class at a local park gymnasium. I am wondering if I need insurance. I can keep sparing out of the class so as to reduce the chance of injury. Another option is having them sign a waver, would that help? what do you suggest?

Every business, particularly one involving other people's children and public premises and physical activity, will present a number of important and specific legal issues pertaining to potential liabilities and rights to operate. Most of these issues will be too important and fact-driven to be handled responsibly one-by-one here or on other internet Q and A sites. You will need an on-going relationship with an attorney who can advise you responsibly on all of the issues that can be anticipated and then the issues that will inevitably come up over the course of your business activities.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.