Hello, I am in the process of a divorce in the state of Colorado. I am starting a new business. What are the pro and cons?

Denver, CO |

I have also not worked in 5 months!! As I mention that I am starting a new business with a parther.

1. This question has a complicated answer. You had better seek legal advice. The more employable you are able to support yourself and are able to make your bills, however, the more you earn, the more your significant other gains in terms of a maintenance claim against you (or if you are the claimant) the more you lose in terms of a maintenance claim against them. Your situation will also affect child support and the value of your business could wind up becoming an asset subject to a property division... you really need more legal advice depending on what you plan on getting in to in terms of your business.