Skip to main content

Hello, I am currently the respondent in a divorce case regarding Domestic Violence.

Clarksville, OH |

The faults against me are Gross Neglect of Duty and Extreme Cruelty. Pretty much, it's true, but I plan on fighting it. Can I claim false allegations? (Yes, I am an a-hole, but she's trying to take my kids away). She's a pretty weak individual, and has her own skeletons in the closet, but the allegations are true, however, I read on a few websites that I can still claim false allegations and try to fight it. The only witnesses to this has been our children and I heard that judges don't allow them to testify. Besides, my family (parents, siblings, friends) will all say it isn't true. Thanks!

Attorney Answers 3


You are confused. You NEED to consult an attorney right away to discuss this matter. You have both a divorce and domestic violence to deal with. Yes, you can fight this but you need an attorney to help you.

The above information is not, nor intend to be, legal advice. You SHOULD consult an attorney for specific advice regarding your individual situation. Based on this response no attorney-client relationship has been formed. If your matter is in Cuyahoga County or surrounding counties, we invite you to contact us. Please visit our website at Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information until such time and attorney-client relationship is formed. Attorneys in this firm are only licensed to practice in the state of Ohio and have no specific information as to the laws and rules of other states and none of the information provided is intended to be applied to the laws of other states.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


You need to hire a lawyer to defend you and represent you.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "Helpful" or " The Best Answer" YOU CAN THANK ATTORNEY RADDATZ BY MARKING IT SO because Avvo awards the attorney points. MS. RADDATZ is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. This is NOT a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PERSONALLY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR LOCAL AREA who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about. Remember that it is the Lawyer who:  Punishes the wicked, Protects the innocent, Raises up the lowly, Opposes brutality and injustice, Seeks equality of humanity regardless of color, cast, sex or religion, Leads in every cause, and Seeks the best in everything.

Mark as helpful


You need to contact an attorney immediately. This will allow you to discuss possible defenses, what evidence can be presented, and what best path to take in order to resolve your case satisfactorily. I would also caution you about making statements that you know to be false to a court and putting such information on the internet.

Chase Carter
6 West Main
Chillicothe Ohio 45601
740 634 3110

Answers given by Chase R. Carter, partner at Carter and George LLC do not constitute legal advice. Answers given do not constitute legal advice and any person having a legal question should contact counsel immediately. Mr. Carter is a private attorney that is available for hire after first consulting with Mr. Carter and negotiating a fee arrangement and signing an engagement letter. Mr. Carter is able to be contacted by visiting his firm's website at or calling 740 634 3110. No legal relationship and/or legal representation is established by answering questions on Avvo. Answers given are for purely educational purpose. No information given is protected by attorney client privilege and any person asking such questions is strongly encouraged to contact legal counsel before pursuing any legal matter.

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics