Hello, how does the PERM Visa process work? If I should find an employer willing to hire me , and get the paper work started

Flushing, NY |

While I'm still in my country, if the Visa is approved can I come to the US, or I still have to wait out till a Gc is available? Also , should I hire an attorney? Thank you for your answers.

Yes, it is a good approach to retain an attorney towards your important green card application. How long the process takes depends under what category the petition is filed and your country of chargeability.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

See link below.

Your employer will need to hire an attorney.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

I agree with Attorney Ferrari

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Recommended articles about Employment