HELLO, CAN I GET 2 DUI EXPONGED FROM MY RECORD THAT OCCURED IN 1999, THEY WERE ON SEPARATE OCCASSIONS BUT, WERE CONSOLIDATED ?

Philadelphia, PA |

IN ONE CASE, I GOT INTO THE CAR TO MOVE IT IN FRONT OF MY SISTER-IN-LAW HOUSE, IN FRONT OF POLICE. HE STSTED THAT I WAS VERY COOPERATIVE, THE OTHER CASE A CAR WAS COMING OUT, THET WEREN'T LOOKING AND I SIDE SWIPED THEM A LITTLE. MY INSURANCE CO. PAID I DID A MANDATORY WEEKEND AND PAID FOR A CLASS.

1. Sounds like you were convicted so unfortunatly you are not eligible to have them expunged until you are 70 and conviction free for 10 years.

This information does not create an attorney /client relationship and should not be use or relied upon to make any decision in your case. Only consultation with your own attorney can provide you with the advice you need for your case.

2. Unfortunately if you entered a guilty plea or were found guilty at trial you will be unable to have them expunged from your criminal record. If you recieved ARD for either one and completed all requirements you may be eligible to have that one expunged. This is something I would reccomend you talk with an attorney about to go over any and all options.

3. I'm sorry to report that convictions for misdemeanor offenses in Pennsylvania cannot be expunged prior to a defendant reaching the age of 70. Your only recourse is to seek a Governor's Pardon which is a time consuming administrative proceeding. If the Pardon's Board recommends the pardon, it is up to the Governor to sign off on it. Then you can file for the expungements. You should consult with an experienced criminal lawyer to explore your options further.

4. Expungement is not an option for you, but the pardon process may be worth exploring. I have done those with some success. If you want to explore that, please contact my office and schedule an appointment.