Hello, How can my French Girlfriend work and live with me in the US? I'm a US Citizen and have found a great job in LA recently

My girlfriend is a Saleswoman who speaks English but did not obtain a Bachelor Degree and she doesn't have a specialty occupation here in France. It will be difficult for her (we think) to find a job from France. We would like ideally to move together and she would start looking for a job once settled in the US. I thought my US citizenship could help her get a work permit but i might be wrong. Also we are not ready to get married and will certainly not get married "just" to move to the US. Is there any options available to help us out? Many thanks.

No options whatsoever on the facts you gave. The only solution is marriage.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

OK then, with the assumption that we get married in France or in the US, could she start working in the US as if she was a US citizen? Or are there any other steps following marriage?

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

I'll be happy to answer more questions, call me at the office tomorrow 619 234 5962

Not on the facts you give.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

What if she creates her own business overthere? Thanks J

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Creating her own business over there would leave her over there and not in the US.

Sorry i meant creating a business in LA.

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

If the investment is substantial and she has the expertise to run the business, then she might be eligible for an E-2 investor visa. She needs to retain an experienced immigration attorney.

It appears that you might be out of luck. Your US Citizenship will not help her get an employment-based visa.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

It doesn't sound good.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

No.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.