Hello , well about a month ago i was charged with possession of alcohol ( underage ) in a public skate park

San Jose, CA |

but then later when i received my information regarding my case in the mail the officer changed it to consumption of alcohol ( i was not Breathalyzer ) . i was wondering how i should go about fighting this case and also what my odds are on getting it dropped ?

1. The way to go about fighting a case is to hire an attorney to represent you. They will get the police report and any other evidence the state claims to have. They will review everything and decide on the best defense strategy. If you cannot afford an attorney, the public defender does what I just described all day, every day and, despite a heavy caseload is going to give you a much better defense than you can yourself.

Even lawyers usually don't defend themselves. In fact, President Lincoln once said "a lawyer who defends himself has a fool for a client."

2. There isn't much of a difference. Regardless, this case should be dropped to an infraction. Get an attorney if a misdemeanor is filed.

Law Offices of Tony M Seyfi
    www.zerojail.com

3. The court room is not a time to learn how the legal system works because the adverse party and the judge will have far more experience than you, so my advice is to retain counsel. Many attorneys in your area provide a free consulation. My suggestion is that you meet with at least one soon.

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.