Hello ! My Wife is from Cuban she has the CU6 , we just apply for my green card , but i have a arrest record .

Asked 10 months ago - Fort Lauderdale, FL

I would like to know what concerns and precautions i should have when comes to my interview.
if the arrest could get my application rejected. is any thing i should do before the interview ?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

8

Answered . Yet another reason why you should seriously consider hiring an immigration attorney. Yes, your arrest can get your application denied.

2. Kristin D Figueroa-Contreras

5

Answered . Whether or not your criminal record will pose problems for your adjustment really depends on the specific offense and whether you were convicted. Be prepared to answer pointed questions from the interviewing officer regarding your arrest. It is crucial you consult directly with a criminal immigration attorney before your interview to determine the immigration consequences of your criminal record. An attorney could also help prepare you for the interview and attend it with you. Best wishes.

Please note, the above answer is for general informational purposes only.
  3. Nicolas Andres Olano

Pro

4

Answered . Hire a lawyer and discuss your record with him or her.

4. Husna F. Alikhan

5

Answered . Find an attorney who is experienced and competent in both immigration and criminal law.

5. C. C. Abbott

2

Answered . Immigration law treats criminal charges and convictions differently then does criminal law. It is advisable to collect all of your criminal and immigration records and have an experienced immigration attorney provide you with a legal opinion on your options. Be careful of using a notario who is not authorized for provide legal advise. Good luck.