Hello , I'm an American and my fiancée is British . We want to know the best approach and place to get married .

Asked about 2 years ago - Pensacola, FL

We intend to make our life together in the UK. She is a nurse with National Health Service and I'm retired USAF. I am currently studying in the United States. After marrying I will remain in the U.S. until I have completed my degree. I plan to apply for jobs in the UK when I near finishing my schooling. We want to know if our timing is logical and where should we marry in the U.S. or the UK? Thanks for any advise.

1. 5

Answered . If your plan is to settle in the UK you should consult with a lawyer who practices there on he best way for you to gain residence there. I am assuming neither you nor your fiancee is intending to relocate until you have finished school.

2. 3

Answered . Hello and congratulations! You should speak with an attorney to discuss the details of your matter in confidence.

All the best,
    Harry

3. 1

Answered . I need more information to be able to thoroughly answer the question, but there could be an issue of establishing nonimmigrant intent should your future wife decide to come to the United States for the purpose of getting married to you. Meaning they could question whether she was entering the U.S. as a visitor so she can get married to you and then apply for a Green Card inside the country. If you have no intention of living in the U.S. with her it may be best to get married in the UK. That said if you change your mind about where you intend to live there are multiple ways to get her a visa that will permit her to come to the country without the nonimmigrant intent issue becoming a problem. Call me to schedule a conference if you would like more information. 716-854-1541.

One or more answers have been taken down.