Hello, I was arrested, booked and charged with DUI in kittitas county. I'm out on $1000 bonded bail.

Asked about 2 years ago - Ellensburg, WA

I have a DUI in 05 (more than 7 years ago, and a DUI reduced to NEG 1 in 07. In case of a warrant does Kittitas county or bondsmen come accross the cascades to arrest in King county? My attorney in western washington doesn't know how kittitas county behaves.

Thank you

1. Christopher A Swaby

1

Answered . You should expect that law enforcement and your bond company will look for you should you miss court. I believe that in most jurisdictions in WA, law enforcement would look for someone charged with a DUI; with what amounts to two prior DUI convictions, I am certain of it.

Keep in touch with your lawyer and the court about your court dates so you dont miss any. It would be a mistake to think that you could avoid prosecution by not showing up in court, even if you were to move to the other side of the country. These matters dont simply disappear. If you arent satisfied with the work your lawyer is doing on your behalf, find another.

2. William Allen White

1

Answered . If you posted a bond and you fail to appear and a warrant is issued for your arrest, you can be certain that the bonding company does not want to lose their money. Their recourse is to send their bounty hunters to track you down and bring you to court/jail. My experience in Kittitas County is that they are well known for their strenuous enforcement measures, especially this being your third DUI arrest. It seems unwise to hope they will overlook you.

3. Charles K. Kenyon Jr.

1

Answered . I doubt they'll come looking for you. They'll just put out a warrant and wait for you to mess up. The warrant will probably bring about your arrest sometime around Christmas and you will get to sit while they see if they can find a judge for you.

Get a DUI/DWI lawyer to help you with it and get it behind you.