Skip to main content

Hello, I'm a student working on opt. I would like to know if I have to pay taxes or I exempted . thx

New York, NY |

I'm a student working on opt started from october 2013 to sept 2014. I would like to know if I have to pay taxes or I exempted .

thank you

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


I would consult a tax attorney or CPA.

This is not legal advise and should not be construed as such by anyone.


have to pay taxes.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


If you earn income in the US, you are required to file taxes. Please consult with a CPA to determine your tax obligations, if any.


1. Have to pay Taxes. 2. Consult with a CPA.

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney Blog:

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer