Hello, I have been married for 6yrs, dated and lived with my husband for 16yrs total. Last July he cheated on me

Asked over 1 year ago - Fort Lauderdale, FL

with a prostitute and now believes he has HIV. I kicked him out in August after finding out. We have 3 children under the age of 4. The house that the boys and I are living in is my husbands. I've been unemployed for 4 months now and he cancelled my health insurance as of Jan 2013. I want a divorce, I want out but not sure how to go about it to protect my children. Can you advise my first steps please? Thank you

1. Daniel A. Bachert

5

Answered . Schedule and attend an one on one consultation with a Family Law Attorney in your area. The information needed to properly advise you cannot and should not be discussed over a public forum such as this.

Sincerely,

Daniel Bachert, Esq.
    The Bachert Law Firm, P.A.
    330 Clematis Street, Suite 222
    West Palm Beach, Florida 33401
    (561) 653-3951
    Palm-Beach-Divorces.com

2. Donald G. Criscuolo

Pro

4

Answered . Your first step should be a medical exam on yourself to determine if you have any type of sexually transmitted disease from contact with your Husband. If so, there are ways to sue your Husband for transmitting that disease to you. Next you should consult an experienced family law attorney and file a dissolution of marriage action which would include a request for child support. Alimony and property issiues should also be addressed in your petition. I am truly sorry for your situation.

3. Natalie F Guerra-Valdes

2

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. You should schedule a consultation with a family law attorney to discuss the particulars of your situation. This is not the best forum to discuss your situation. You will need to file a Petition for Dissolution of Marriage and address child support, custody, alimony, and insurance. Many attorneys on here, including myself, offer free initial consultations.

Natalie Guerra-Valdes
    (954)764-7878
    nvaldes@valdeslawfirmpa.com
    www.valdeslawfirmpa.com

4. Matthew Thomas Majeski

Pro

3

Answered . Your first step is to get a local family law attorney. You've got a divorce, custody of the children, child support, property division, possibly alimony, and insurance matters all at issue. You would be putting yourself in a vulnerable position trying to go it alone.

5. Natascha Maria Aabbott

Pro

1

Answered . I am sorry to hear about your situation. The first thing you should do is make sure that your health has not been compromised by contracting HIV and, if necessary, seek medical treatment. If you are sure that you want a divorce, you should file a Petition for Dissolution of Marriage as soon as possible so that, amongst other things, the Court can stop your husband from unilaterally dictating what he provides to you and the children.

I recommend that you speak with an experienced family law attorney as soon as possible. Many attorney, such as myself, offer free consultations.

Many attorneys, including myself, offer free consultations.

The Aabbott Law Firm
    2719 Hollywood Blvd.
    Hollywood, FL 33020
    TEL (954) 320-0303
    FAX (954) 342-7313
    EMAIL: info@247FloridaLawFirm.com
    Website: www.247FloridaLawFirm.com