Headed to court Don't feel to confident in Lawyer . I know I can represent myself solo. But can we both represent me?

Asked about 1 year ago - Baltimore, MD

I feel my lawyer is not aggressive enough , and to be successful in this court case I need to be in control and really cross examine the witness. I would like for us both to cross examine witness is this possible will a judge allow if a lawyer agree to it?

1. Thomas C Valkenet

Pro

8

Answered . No. Period. This will not happen. Ever.

You must either discharge counsel or permit them to do the job. It is a fallacy that your lawyer must always be speaking in order to advance your case. The real art is knowing when not to speak.

2. David Raymond Mahood

Pro

5

1

Answered . I agree with counsel. Either you must discharge your attorney and represent yourself, or your attorney will speak for you at court, except for those instances where you testify under oath as to the facts. Sometimes clients are right, and they see something the attorney does not see. However, more often than not, a client simply does not have the experience to recognize what is plain and simple for an attorney to see. This is truly your judgment call. The judge will not permit you to be the attorney if you already have an attorney. So either it is you In Pro Per, or it is through your attorney. You must make a decision. However, before making a decision, I suggest you discuss your concerns with your attorney. Perhaps your attorney's explanation will clarify matters one way or another.

3. Joseph Michael Pankowski Jr

4

1

Answered . Attorneys Valkenet and Mahood are correct. You can be a witness in your case, but you'll never be able to represent yourself while having an attorney with you.

4. Stephen Scott Pearcy

4

Answered . You'd likely only get the judge on your bad side if you cross examined a witness yourself.