Skip to main content

Haw can I settle my child support arrears in Pennsylvania

Philadelphia, PA |
Filed under: Child support

I was incarcerated for 5 years and during that time my arrears went from non exististent to over $16,000.00 without any due process. I never even knew I owed anything until I came home.

Attorney Answers 1


Not trying to be a wiseguy, but the answer is to start paying it. Arrears means an amount you have already been ordered to pay. Modifications only have effect moving forward.

Mark as helpful

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics