Having sex in spa and massage palor in NYC ,rape charge appear after the sex agreement.

Flushing, NY |

My friend had sex in massage palor with masseuse after massage with agreement on money, he did it frequently but the last time the masseuse knew of his ID and is trying to squeeze money on the charge of raping her.
on which account is possible for him to face with ?
Patronizing prostitute or raping a masseuse ?
Whatever we could name it , the masseuse worked as a sex worker upon the money bargain so he doesn't think that it would be a cause.
How can he solve anyway?

1. Your friend can be charged with rape. He needs to hire a criminal defense lawyer.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 385-8015 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

2. Sex for money is illegal but if he is being extorted for money something should be done. He should contact the police but not on his own. It may be prudent to consult with an attorney and have him/her be his spokesperson.

3. Better the patronizing than the rape. He should deny payment and be prepared with any proof he had visited previously and regularly.

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

4. If the woman claims rape and he defends himself with the claim that she was a prostitute, it would be up to a jury to decide who was telling the truth.

5. Whether he can be charged and whether they can prove his guilt beyond a reasonable doubt are separate issues. If she claims he forcibly raped her the police may arrest him and charge him with rape. It's best that he consults with an experienced criminal lawyer and discuss all of the facts confidentially.
    Richard Southard
    212-385-8600
    I am a former Deputy Bureau Chief with the Kings County DA’s Office and adjunct professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice, with over 15 years experience specializing in criminal law cases. I offer free in-person, phone and video consultations.

All answers are for information purposes only. Answering this question or any future questions does not form any attorney-client relationship. Be mindful, that answers are limited by the limited facts presented by the questioner and are not meant to take the place of competent legal advice by an attorney fully informed of all the facts surrounding your case. However, be aware that nothing posted in a public forum such as this can be deemed confidential or privileged communication. For a privileged private consultation, contact me at 212-385-8600 or via my website www.reasonabledoubtny.com