Haven't heard back from the Asylum office

New Brunswick, NJ |

I had political asylum interview on the first week of February. The next week I received a notice of intent to deny (NOID) because I have valid legal status in the United States. I had 16 days to explain in writing either why the claim should be granted or I needed to submit new evidence to support the claim. I submitted my new evidence within 16 days but it has been a month since February 26th when the new evidence was submitted and I haven't heard anything back from the asyulm office. What am I suppose to do? do I need to worry?

Lyndhurst asylum office is known taking time to make a decision. Ironically, those decisions that came out positive also took the longest time to get.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Thank you for your answer. But after my asylum interview, they gave me a notice of intent to deny (NOID) within a week.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

THis means only two things 1. you were still in status on the day of the interview 2. you need to reply to the NOID and argue your case.

Is it ok to call the Asylum office ask them regarding the status of my case?

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

you can call but you had to reply to the NOID

I called in and the customer service agent said I have to talk with the interviewer regarding it. I don't if it is the right idea.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Hire an attorney, do yourself a favor.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

We are in NYC and deal with NJ AO all the time.

Thank You

You need to wait for the decision.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

Thank you, Is there reason it is taking this long? I heard it takes usually a week or two to make the decision

Irene Vaisman

Irene Vaisman

no one can tell you that. just be patient and give it some time

Irene Vaisman

Irene Vaisman

you can, not sure if you will get any information

You need to wait for the decision.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

"Patience is a virtue." Worrying is a wast of time. The decision will be made in due course.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

Thank you

You have to wait. Since you are in valid status otherwise, you have less to worry about than most people. If you get denied, speak with a lawyer.

Thank you very much