Have you personally ever seen an illegal immigrant with a misdemeanor in domestic violence be granted citizenship?

I just would like to know if you personally have ever seen a person with a misdemeanor in domestic violence be granted citizenship. I am not including details, but I just want to know if it is possible. Thank you.

Kenosha, WI -

Find Out More

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

Regardless, of whether I did, It might happen if this is what you want to know.

Daniel Warren Thomann

Daniel Warren Thomann

Immigration Attorney - Chicago, IL

No. Only permanent residents can be granted citizenship.

If your question is about being granted permanent residence, then you're going to have to clarify whether you're asking about a person who was arrested or a person who was convicted, and also what particular charge you're talking about - otherwise, your question (which I believe I've seen asked before) is really too vague to answer here with anything more than "maybe". Good luck!

Khaja M. Din

Khaja M. Din

Immigration Attorney - Chicago, IL

Depending on the circumstances, yes it is possible. And yes, not only have I seen it, I have done it before.

Khaja Din
312 361-8462

Stephen D. Berman

Stephen D. Berman

Immigration Attorney - Chicago, IL

Illegal immigrants are never eligible to file for citizenship.