Have you personally ever seen an illegal immigrant with a misdemeanor in domestic violence be granted citizenship?

Kenosha, WI |

I just would like to know if you personally have ever seen a person with a misdemeanor in domestic violence be granted citizenship. I am not including details, but I just want to know if it is possible. Thank you.

He was convicted of domestic violence charges

No. Only permanent residents can be granted citizenship.

If your question is about being granted permanent residence, then you're going to have to clarify whether you're asking about a person who was arrested or a person who was convicted, and also what particular charge you're talking about - otherwise, your question (which I believe I've seen asked before) is really too vague to answer here with anything more than "maybe". Good luck!

www.azitalaw.com - 312.641.0771 - The information above is general in nature and is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship between us. It is intended simply as background material, is current only as of its indicated date, and may not include important details and special rules that could be applicable to your case. You should consult an attorney directly before acting or refraining from action.

Depending on the circumstances, yes it is possible. And yes, not only have I seen it, I have done it before.

Khaja Din
312 361-8462

Regardless, of whether I did, It might happen if this is what you want to know.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Illegal immigrants are never eligible to file for citizenship.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.