Have you personally ever seen an illegal immigrant with a misdemeanor in domestic violence be granted citizenship?

Asked about 1 year ago - Kenosha, WI

I just would like to know if you personally have ever seen a person with a misdemeanor in domestic violence be granted citizenship. I am not including details, but I just want to know if it is possible. Thank you.

He was convicted of domestic violence charges

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

Answered . Regardless, of whether I did, It might happen if this is what you want to know.

2. Daniel Warren Thomann

3

Answered . No. Only permanent residents can be granted citizenship.

If your question is about being granted permanent residence, then you're going to have to clarify whether you're asking about a person who was arrested or a person who was convicted, and also what particular charge you're talking about - otherwise, your question (which I believe I've seen asked before) is really too vague to answer here with anything more than "maybe". Good luck!

3. Khaja M. Din

Pro

Answered . Depending on the circumstances, yes it is possible. And yes, not only have I seen it, I have done it before.

Khaja Din
    312 361-8462

4. Stephen D. Berman

Answered . Illegal immigrants are never eligible to file for citizenship.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now