Have you personally ever seen an illegal immigrant with a misdemeanor in domestic violence be granted citizenship?

Asked about 1 year ago - Kenosha, WI

I just would like to know if you personally have ever seen a person with a misdemeanor in domestic violence be granted citizenship. I am not including details, but I just want to know if it is possible. Thank you.

Additional information

He was convicted of domestic violence charges

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Regardless, of whether I did, It might happen if this is what you want to know.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866)... more
  2. Daniel Warren Thomann

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . No. Only permanent residents can be granted citizenship.

    If your question is about being granted permanent residence, then you're going to have to clarify whether you're asking about a person who was arrested or a person who was convicted, and also what particular charge you're talking about - otherwise, your question (which I believe I've seen asked before) is really too vague to answer here with anything more than "maybe". Good luck!

    www.azitalaw.com - 312.641.0771 - The information above is general in nature and is not intended to create an... more
  3. Khaja M. Din


    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . Depending on the circumstances, yes it is possible. And yes, not only have I seen it, I have done it before.

    Khaja Din
    312 361-8462

  4. Stephen D. Berman

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Illegal immigrants are never eligible to file for citizenship.

    The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an... more
Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Instant span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now