Have you been arrested,cited,charged,indicted,fined,or imprisoned for breaking or violating any law or ordinance, ...

Miami, FL |

..EXCLUDING traffic violations?... will i answer Yes or No to this question if i have a DUI conviction? since it's saying "excluding" traffic violations I'm not really sure. This question is more aimed towards an Immigration Attorney.

1. No. You have a DUI conviction. That is a conviction for a criminal misdemeanor charge.

2. DUI is not a traffic violation, it's criminal traffic. You have to list it.

3. A DUI is not a traffic violation. It is a criminal offense. A "traffic violation" is a non-criminal infraction, such as speeding.

If the question is, "have you been arrested, cited, charged, indicted, fined, or imprisoned..." then you must answer "yes" because you were both arrested and charged with DUI.

All comments made by the attorney are mere statements of opinion and are not intended to be interpreted as legal advice. There is no attorney-client relationship formed as a result of this comment.

4. I can't tell if you "have to" answer this question, but assuming that you do, the honest and correct answer would be "yes"

DUI topics