Have the courts ever ruled against parked police using radar?

Sherman Oaks, CA |

I read somewhere that there have been cal supreme court cases that contain confirmation of the intent of traffic enforcement laws. Specifically that police should patrol for traffic enforcement and use radar only as a secondary measure for verification. The language I recall was something like " the legislatures intent was to strongly discourage the use of stationary radar in favor of vigorous patrolling for public safety " or something like that. More importantly can you see any opportunity to use this intent and the language as cited in these cases in defense of 22549a excessive speed issued by a stationary radar? I know this may be reaching but I thought it might be icing on the cake so to speak.

You can beat a radar ticket but not using these arguments. Check out the following site on how to protect yourself from capricious police behavior: www.highwayrobbery.net.

Radar and LIdar speeding cases can be fought and won on a variety of defenses. You should consult a local attorney specializing in traffic ticket defense who can better explain the defenses as they relate to your particular situation.

Radar tickets can be fought regardless of the officer's position. There are a various defenses and you should speak with a few traffic attorneys in your area to get an idea of what arguments can be used in your case.