Have revoked license for DUI from another state.

Houston, TX |

I have a revoked drivers license for a DUI 3rd offense. Is it possible to get a Texas license weather, it have to be for work, or a regular license? If so, what would the process be to follow?

When you apply for a license in Texas or any other state, one of the first questions asked on your application is: "Is your license currently suspended or revoked in any other state?" If you respond "Yes", you will be denied a license in that State. If you lie and respond "No", a search will ultimately reveal that your license is suspended in another state, and you will not only be denied the new license, but will also face criminal charges for filing a false document with the State.

The National Driver Register (NDR) is a computerized database of information about drivers who have had their licenses revoked or suspended, or who have been convicted of serious traffic violations such as driving while impaired by alcohol or drugs. State motor vehicle agencies provide NDR with the names of individuals who have lost their privilege or who have been convicted of a serious traffic violation. When a person applies for a driver's license the state checks to see if the name is on the NDR file. If a person has been reported to the NDR as a problem driver, the license may be denied.

When you apply for a driver license in TX the DPS will ask if your DL is suspended orb revoked in any other state. You need to answer truthfully because DPS will check. Under TX law a DWI 3rd is a felony with a mandatory DL suspension. I suggestion you call an attorney and speak with him about an occupational drivers license. Under certain situations you may be able to get one from a Judge. A petition must be filed by an attorney and the rules are situation specific so a consultation with an attorney will be necessary

I have represented many Texans who are unable to obtain a license because of an IL DUI revocation. That tells me that Texas checks the NDR as others indicate.

Traffic tickets topics