Have restraining order on ex I have a running list of violations that police said they wouldn't take a report on. What can I do?

Asked about 1 year ago - Ware, MA

I Am going to court on 9-18-2013 for extention of a restraining order and the police wouldn't take a report o any of them. He has a warrant for skipping his arraignment . He addressed me but like I said I have a running list of violations.. I had 3 people threaten to beat me up and one threatening to kill me who is just an associate of his.. I had to move due to fear of safety do I bring this up in court? I need and ant an lawyer but have limited funs. what do I do?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Kathleen Ann Black Reynolds

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You should submit written statements to the police, mailing them certified mail. Continue to keep a list of the potential violations and present them orally to the Court and/or in the form of an Affidavit (written form, signed under the pains and penalties of perjury). Based on what you've posted here, it is likely the Court will extend the RO. Good luck.

    The information provided here is not to be constituted as legal advice, and no attorney-client relationship is... more
  2. Henry Lebensbaum

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You could file applications for a criminal complaint in the district court.

    Bring with you as much evidence and documentation and witnesses as you can.

    Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex... more
  3. Thomas J Callahan

    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . Mention all of this at the extension hearing. If the police are not taking it seriously, go to the chief and/or town manager and Board of Selectmen or mayor and city council.

    To questioners from West Virginia & New York: Although I am licensed to practice in your state (in WV, on inactive... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,306 answers this week

2,958 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,306 answers this week

2,958 attorneys answering