Have restraining order on ex I have a running list of violations that police said they wouldn't take a report on. What can I do?

Ware, MA |

I Am going to court on 9-18-2013 for extention of a restraining order and the police wouldn't take a report o any of them. He has a warrant for skipping his arraignment . He addressed me but like I said I have a running list of violations.. I had 3 people threaten to beat me up and one threatening to kill me who is just an associate of his.. I had to move due to fear of safety do I bring this up in court? I need and ant an lawyer but have limited funs. what do I do?

1. You should submit written statements to the police, mailing them certified mail. Continue to keep a list of the potential violations and present them orally to the Court and/or in the form of an Affidavit (written form, signed under the pains and penalties of perjury). Based on what you've posted here, it is likely the Court will extend the RO. Good luck.

The information provided here is not to be constituted as legal advice, and no attorney-client relationship is established.

2. You could file applications for a criminal complaint in the district court.

Bring with you as much evidence and documentation and witnesses as you can.

Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex Offenses, SORB, Crimes involving Violence or Theft, Domestic (Divorce, Child Custody, Alimony and Child Support) and Family Law (Modification, Contempts & Paternity), Juvenile Law, Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury claims, Probate Law (Guardianships, Conservatorships & Estate Administration) and Legal Malpractice. For these and other areas, contact me. NOTE: This preceding message DOES NOT create an attorney-client relationship. It is not a protected or confidential communication. The statements made herein are not to be interpreted as representations or warranties of any kind. No reliance should be placed on the statements made herein. It is recommended that the recipient(s) should undertake their own research to reach their own opinion. The writer does not accept professional responsibility on this matter. TO CREATE an attorney-client relationship REQUIRES a signed retainer/fee agreement along with a retainer fee that must be received by my office.

3. Mention all of this at the extension hearing. If the police are not taking it seriously, go to the chief and/or town manager and Board of Selectmen or mayor and city council.

To questioners from West Virginia & New York: Although I am licensed to practice in your state (in WV, on inactive status as of 9/13), I practice on a day-to-day basis in Massachusetts. I answer questions in your state in areas of the law in which I practice, and in which I feel comfortable trying to offer you assistance based on my knowledge of specific statutes in your state and/or general principles applicable in all states. It is always best, however, to work with attorneys and court personnel in your own area to deal with specific problems and factual situations.