Have my 6th amendment rights been violated?

Asked about 2 years ago - Birmingham, AL

I was involved in a case with a Goverment enity and the Goverment enity filed an injunction to not let anyone from the Goverment testify on the case I was found guilty but never got a chance to confront the witness in the case this was a white collar crime I was charged with making a false statement to Goverment.

1. Matthew E. Wright

Pro

Answered . Are you sure it was an "injunction". Generally a court should not forbid you from contacting potential witnesses and confronting them at trial. You are correct, there is a right to confront your accuser in criminal cases and this should extend to examine the witnesses. Were you represented in the criminal matter? If you have already been convicted, I am worried you may have run out of time. Talk to a lawyer as soon as possible in Alabama.