Have just filed for I 140, I need to visit India for office work for few weeks. Do I need any parole ? I am on L1A visa.

Rogers, AR |

Will there be any problem at the custom while returning back ?

You don't need any "parole". Assuming you are in valid L-1 status, the fact that an I-140 petition has been filed on your behalf does not change anything. The L-1 category does recognize "dual intent". If you want to be extra careful, have an updated letter from your employer on you, which, addressed to the CBP at the airport you'll be landing, to "whom it may concern", "Dear Sir or Madam", which explains your position at the company, a 3 sentence of your duties and your salary.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

You will need a valid L-1A visa stamp to return to the US.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Recommended articles about Immigration