Have just filed for I 140, I need to visit India for office work for few weeks. Do I need any parole ? I am on L1A visa.

Asked about 2 years ago - Rogers, AR

Will there be any problem at the custom while returning back ?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Giacomo Jacques Behar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You don't need any "parole". Assuming you are in valid L-1 status, the fact that an I-140 petition has been filed on your behalf does not change anything. The L-1 category does recognize "dual intent". If you want to be extra careful, have an updated letter from your employer on you, which, addressed to the CBP at the airport you'll be landing, to "whom it may concern", "Dear Sir or Madam", which explains your position at the company, a 3 sentence of your duties and your salary.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be... more
  2. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You will need a valid L-1A visa stamp to return to the US.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Green cards

A green card is a legal document which provides proof that the owner is a lawful permanent resident of the United States.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,101 answers this week

2,778 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,101 answers this week

2,778 attorneys answering