Have just filed for I 140, I need to visit India for office work for few weeks. Do I need any parole ? I am on L1A visa.

Asked about 2 years ago - Rogers, AR

Will there be any problem at the custom while returning back ?

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . You don't need any "parole". Assuming you are in valid L-1 status, the fact that an I-140 petition has been filed on your behalf does not change anything. The L-1 category does recognize "dual intent". If you want to be extra careful, have an updated letter from your employer on you, which, addressed to the CBP at the airport you'll be landing, to "whom it may concern", "Dear Sir or Madam", which explains your position at the company, a 3 sentence of your duties and your salary.

2. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . You will need a valid L-1A visa stamp to return to the US.