Skip to main content

Have been paying restitution since 2000. The Company involved has since sold to a larger corporation. Does this change anything

Colorado Springs, CO |

Payments are made to US Govt. FLU in Tyler, TX. Does restitution end after 20 years?

Attorney Answers 4


It should have no effect. When the company was purchased, they would have also purchased the rights to enforce all of that companies accounts receivable, which includes your restitution. Just keep sending your payments until you are told otherwise.

Responding to questions on AVVO does not establish an attorney-client relationship between the questioner and any attorney associated with Garrett Law Group, PLC. Responses should be considered and used for informational purposes only. Every case is unique in its facts, and all legal matters should be discussed with a licensed attorney prior to making any decisions or taking any actions.

Mark as helpful

7 lawyers agree


No. Restitution only ends when the Court tells you that restitution ends or by stipulation of the parties that is accepted by the Court.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in his legal services, feel free to call Chris at (303) 409-7635 at his law office in the Denver Tech Center. All initial consultations are free of charge.

Mark as helpful

8 lawyers agree


It does not change anything, unless some notification etc to the contrary

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree


Your annuity payments are an asset of a company and purchased as part of the assets sold to a successor entity...or if the company you owe was sold in terms of stock then nothing has changed at all. In your settlement agreement lookf for the clause called Assignment or possibly Successors.

My answer is not intended to be giving legal advice and this topic can be a complex area where the advice of a licensed attorney in your State should be obtained.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics