Have applied for B2 VISA Extn. thru ELIS for parents. Would it be OK to submit additional evidence while decision is pending ?

Chicago, IL |

I have applied for Visitor VISA extension for my parents on 4/4/2013. Their I94 is about to expire on 5/14/2013.The reason stated was for pleasure and they wanted to visit other cities in USA.Due to recent travels my mother had some health issue. She has Spondylitis and suffering with sever back and neck pain.Doctor suggested to take complete bed rest and prescribed physiotherapy for 10 weeks. He advised to avoid any kind of travel for next few weeks.Now, as the reason of extension has changed, I would like to update USCIS of the change in reason for extension. Doctor is willing to provide written explanation of the situation so that USCIS understands the necessity of extension. Would this help me in getting successfull extension ?

Do they issue RFE for any case before making a decision ( If in case Denying the application ) ?

1. Speak to a experienced immigration lawyer before you make any decisions.

Garmo Law Group, PLLC (Michigan) 248-626-0050. This advice is only general in nature and does not constitute an attorney/client relationship. Speak to an experienced attorney before making decisions.

2. It is OK. I would wait for the RFE and submit evidence with a response to it.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

3. I'm sorry that you used the online application system ... it is full of bugs.

No, you shouldn't send more stuff ... it will be lost ... their mail system is full of bugs also.

Wait to see what they say.

Hopefully you didn't get 'greedy' and ask for a full 6 months.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

4. I don't see how it will help. When you filed for extension the reason was tourism. USCIS looks at the application on the date of filing and will accordingly make the decision. I don't believe they will consider the the post-filing injury towards the extension application.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.