Have any you negotiated with Walmart to drop charges for theft under 50?

San Antonio, TX |

** This charge is in the Municipal Court. 

Have any of you had a trail with Walmart for theft under 50?
Does Walmart people actually show during trial? 

Do they send the store videos? 

Do they testify in such small case theft under 50?

You don't negotiate with Walmart. You negotiate with the city prosecutor. If you set the case for trial, they will likely send a loss prevention officer to testify. Hire a ticket attorney to handle this for you. He will know how to prevent a conviction and get the case off of your record.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

You are charged with a Class C. It is a fine only but it can have the same effects on your criminal history as a regualr theft. Call around in your area for attorneys. Most offer free consultations.

Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship. Legal advice has not been given. Also, this question and answer is posted on a public forum and therefore any attorney-privilege is waived.

Yes, when I was a public defender our office (not me) had a trial where Wal-Mart was the alleged victim for a shop-lifiting theft of a small dollar amount, (I believe it may have been a little over $50.00, it was a class B misdemeanor). Wal-Mart's Loss Prevention Officer showed up at trial as well as arresting officer. They did not bring the video. State claimed it was not in State's possession, (that it was in Wal-Mart's possession. Attorney handling case thought surely jurors would acquit defendant because State failed to produce video and Wal-Mart failed to produce video. Jury convicted because Loss Prevention Officer was able to take stand and say whatever she wanted to, because there was no hard proof to show she was lying. (It was the loss prevention officer's word against the defendants word, and there were photographs of the alleged stolen items by a police officer. (It appeared that the Defendant was calling everyone else a liar is what I was told.) Jury convicted defendant. Lessons learned: 1) Jurors don't necessarily understand what the presumption of innocence or beyond a reasonable doubt. 2) Conspiracy defenses (the cops and/or store owner or victim conspired against me) don't work. 3) If your going to call someone a liar at trial, you better have the goods (evidence) to show it and it better not be from having to put the defendant on the stand.

I hope you have better luck than the young public defender did.

Answers provided on Avvo does not form an attorney-client relationship or indicate that the attorney represents or even will represent the client. Responses to questions are provided and based upon the facts as stated in the question. While attorneys attempt to make a complete and accurate response, there is no guaranty or warranty that the response is correct. You are encouraged to seek qualified counsel, licensed in the state(s) which have jurisdiction over the matters for advice. You are also encouraged to be careful as to your postings as the postings are not confidential.