Skip to main content

Have an open CPS case and I want to move out of state, what do I need to do?

San Diego, CA |

I have an open CPS case with my children, two boys, 4 and 2, I would like to move to another state, Idaho, where I have affordable housing, a support system. And job and education opportunities, the social worker doesn't seem interested in helping or closing the case even though my wife and I have removed all threats to safety, and it seems she would rather prolong the case though our situation here is much less livable.
We have the chance of a vastly better life if we move and her response was to grind things to a halt. What can I do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


This is a question that requires comprehensive response by a lawyer. My suggestion would be to consult with a lawyer in your area. There are several highly skilled lawyers in your area.

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer