Have an EAD card expiring on Feb 2014. F1 to H1 Change of Status is approved. Can I travel to my home country before October.

Asked 12 months ago - Lexington, KY

I am currently in F1 OPT extension with my EAD card expiring on feb 2014. My employer processed a H1 Change of Status which is approved now. I will change to H1 status this october. My question is , am I allowed to travel outside US before october. What are are the restrictions I need to keep in mind, if any. Will I be re-entering as a student. Do I need to stamp

1. Wendy Rebecca Barlow

2

Answered . You can travel. If your F1 visa is expired, you will need to obtain a new F1 visa at the U.S. Embassy. You should bring evidence that you are in compliance with the conditions of your OPT.

2. Sergey Vladimirovich Makarov

1

Answered . Only if you are able to get a visa. I would not advise to run a risk.

3. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

1

Answered . I agree