Have a metacarpophalangeal capusiltis joint issue and Workers Comp trigger thumb injury requiring surgery.

Asked 12 months ago - Lancaster, CA

If I am not comfortable with having surgery, can I request a partial disability rating instead?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Brett A. Borah

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Yes. I would certainly want any Award resulting from that rating to include a provision for future medical care.

  2. Steven Joseph Alves

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Yes. Make sure that you leave your future medical care open if you are pursuing a settlement. To do so, you would enter into a Stipulations with Request for Award, as opposed to a Compromise and Release. Best of luck to you.

    All that said, perhaps you should ask around about the procedure. It's not that complicated and usually produces good results with a short recovery time, provided that the patient is complies with post-operative instructions with therapy and other treatment modalities.

  3. John M Connell


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It is always the injured parties decision if they want surgery

    If this information has been helpful, please indicate by providing feedback that the answer was either "helpful"... more

Related Topics

Types of personal injuries

There are many types of personal injuries for which financial damages can be awarded, including physical, emotional, and psychological injuries.

Employment and workers' compensation insurance

Workers’ compensation insurance provides medical benefits and compensation for lost wages to employees injured on the job.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,160 answers this week

3,339 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,160 answers this week

3,339 attorneys answering