Skip to main content

Have a hearing and don't want to show up because I want to go ahead and get revoked and do my time to get this over with ?

Granbury, TX |

Felony probation theft by person yrs regular and already sat about warmths back time credit . Have done about 2 years probation already and threw out that time i have had a problem staying sober and have had dirty ya more than once . I am wanting to get this over with but have children and would like to make sure they will be taken care of by my family . Do you know if judge out of parker county ( gram Boysenberry ) allow me to set up a time to turn my self in after I have my family and employment taken care of , My probation officer already recommended safes and I know i will be going to jail but if I choose not to go should i call my probation officer and give her heads up on whats going on and what I would like to do ?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Not showing up for a court hearing is an excellent way to not get what you want. Get assistance from an experienced criminal defense attorney. Don't miss your hearing.

  2. You are asking to do something that is not the standard way of doing things for motions to revoke. Your best bet is to get a reputable criminal defense lawyer to assist you.

    Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.

  3. If you don't show up a warrant for your arrest will be issued. Then you will be picked up whenever the sheriff feels like it. You need to hire an attorney. They can do some damage control and work out a plea bargain that best meets your goals. If you got to safp, you will be back on probation when you are released. Some judges get irritated when a person rejects this kind of treatment and they end up getting an even harsher pen sentence. You really need an attorney familiar with the judge handling your case.

    Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics