Have a dui case pending and applying for my medical state lisence. One of the question is listed below how should i answer it

Asked almost 2 years ago - Lawrenceville, GA

Have you entered a plea bargain, been arrested, indicted or convicted for violating any state or federal law including DUI (excluding minor traffic violations)? As used in this question, the term "conviction" shall include a finding or verdict of guilt, or a plea of guilty, or a plea of nolo contendere in a criminal proceeding, regardless of whether the adjudication of guilt or sentence is withheld or not entered.

Additional information

oh forgot to tell you that my blood test came back negative...also i was arrested but the case is still pending

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Donald Clinton Turner


    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Yes to the arrest. Must be honest on application . However you should contact DUI defense lawyer if your test results are negative your lawyer can most likely get your case dismissed and expunged from your record

  2. George F. Mccranie IV


    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Based on the question you should be honest and forthcoming about your ARREST. Generally on these types of forms you are allowed to explain or give details. I would recommend that you do this and explain the Negative Blood Test results and the anticipated result. if during the pendency of your application process the charges are Dismissed, make sure to update this answer with a certified copy of the Dismissal. Once the case is Dismissed - make sure to quickly apply to have the charge Expunged from your. You didn't mention being represented by an experienced DUI Attorney. If you are not - you will still be at a distinct disadvantage when trying to get the DUI resolved! Remember, you could still be prosecuted under the DUI Less Safe statute even if the blood test is negative. I hope this information has been helpful. Good Luck!!!
    George McCranie IV www.mccranielawfirm.com

    The information provided in this response to a question is not legal advise and is provided only for general... more
  3. Ryan Alexander


    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The answer is "Yes."

    You have been arrested, although not convicted.

    Clark County, Nevada practitioner.
  4. Allen Rust Knox

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The question asks if you have been arrested for DUI. Therefore, you need to respond with information about your DUI arrest that is pending. A lawyer should be able to get this case dismissed and your arrest expunged. Call me if I can be of assistance.

    Allen R. (Rusty) Knox
    125 TownPark Drive, Suite 300
    Kennesaw, GA 30144
    (678) 334-1399

Related Topics

DUI: An overview

The definition, charges, and penalties for driving under the influence (DUI) vary by state and depend on a number of factors.

DUI and DWI defenses

After you are arrested for DUI, getting the charges against you dropped or reduced will require you to develop a defense.

Randy Collins

California DUI Under Age 21

Definition California DUI Under Age 21, as the name suggests, is when a minor drinks and drives under the influence of alcohol. More specifically, Californias Zero Tolerance laws define... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,572 answers this week

3,375 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,572 answers this week

3,375 attorneys answering