Have 2 convictions for cocaine possesion actually did jail time can i get a real estate licence ?

Asbury Park, NJ |
Filed under: Criminal conviction

think i covered it

Probably NOT...see below:
The law provides that an applicant for a real estate license must establish their general good character, honesty, trustworthiness and integrity. Thus, convictions for shoplifting or other offenses, or convictions for the offenses specified in N.J.S.A. 45:15-12.1 which occurred more than five years ago, or the loss of a real estate or other professional license for cause, may constitute grounds for the denial of a license application under N.J.S.A. 45:15-9.Consequently, the Commission considers the date and nature of all convictions and other indicia of the applicant’s character, honesty, trustworthiness and integrity when evaluating an applicant’s qualifications for licensure.

I do not know. Usually the restrictions for any license are posted at the board site. I wish I knew better.

The licensing process requires a fingerprint and criminal background check.

Law Offices of James A. Abate Jabatelaw.com (732) 412-2364