Has anyone sued the CA EDD for incompetence?

Lake Forest, CA |

I would like to sue the EDD,

I have had issues with the EDD - having them giving me less than one day notice to prepare for interviews and then not responding to extension requests via their cluster f*ck of a website & not taking calls!

Further when you try to call the EDD they always say their phones are too busy and you must call back later - this is completely and utterly ridiculous and should be an actionalable issue!

Anyone know of a way to do this?

In spite of you frustration with the EDD, I see no basis for a meritorious lawsuit against this government entity from the facts you state. You will waste a tremendous amount of time and money to move forward as you wish. And I seriously doubt you will get an attorney to handle a case like this.

Good luck to you nonetheless.

This answer should not be construed to create any attorney-client relationship. Such a relationship can be formed only through the mutual execution of an attorney-client agreement. The answer given is based on the extremely limited facts provided and the proper course of action might change significantly with the introduction of other facts. All who read this answer should not rely on the answer to govern their conduct. Please seek the advice of competent counsel after disclosing all facts to that attorney. This answer is intended for California residents only. The answering party is only licensed to practice in the State of California.

2. There is not basis on your facts to sue the EDD>

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

3. I agree with the two attorneys that responded and likewise do not see an action. Sorry.

I am an Arizona attorney. AVVO does not pay us for our responses. Simply because I responded to your question does not mean I am your attorney. In Arizona a non-lawyer is held to the same standards as an attorney so there are dangers to representing yourself. This is for informational purposes only and should not be considered as legal advice. If you require legal assistance an in depth discussion of your case is needed as there are many other issues to consider such as defenses, statute of limitations, etc.