Has anyone sued BART in the Bay Area in the last five yearsf or a slip and fall in the 24th and Mision entrance stars? I need t

Asked over 1 year ago - Berkeley, CA

know if they have video cameras at this station.

Pro

13

Answered . A local personal injury can check to see if there were cameras. You may search Avvo's "find a lawyer" for a personal injury lawyer in your city.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  2. Thomas Anthony Schaeffer

10

Answered . I agree with the previous answers. I'd like to add that if you were injured, the existence of cameras, while helpful, are not necessary to file your claim. I suggest that if you really want to know, carefully walk over there and look.

3. Robert Bruce Kopelson

10

Answered . You can file a public Record act request for information about Bart cameras. You can look aat the court website for injury cases pending against Bart. You can also look for a local injury lawyer to speak to. There are short time reqmnts for filing claims against public entities such as Bart. Camera info can also be sought in discovery after a lawsuit is filed.

4. Joyce J. Sweinberg

Pro

11

Answered . If you have fallen and injured yourself there, it is best to consult with an attorney to handle your case for you. Your attorney can then find out this information for you. Check locally and you can also check here on avvo in the find a lawyer tab at the top of the page.

5. David Lee Fiol

9

Answered . My partner and I have litigated a case against BART for a malfunction in an escalator at the Embarcadero station; there were no cameras monitoring the escalator itself so I don't expect they have cameras trained on the stairs either, but as other attorneys have pointed out, you (or an attorney) can serve a Public Records Act request for that information, as well as any videos themselves. Of course you also should ask for records of other complaints about the same problem that led to your fall. I'd be glad do discuss this with you further if you wish.

6. Scott J. Corwin

Pro

7

Answered . You need to consult with an attorney to review the details of your case.

7. Martin Paul Weniz

4

Answered . I agree with my colleagues with respect to your question. As Mr. Lassen noted, the "Find a Lawyer" feature on Avvo is useful resource to find local and qualified attorneys that will address your needs. I hope that my answer was helpful.