Has anyone had any kind of experience dealing with the issue of the SCRAM ankle bracelet?

Carlsbad, NM |

Boyfriend had two misdemeanor charges and neither one was alcohol related but he was placed on the SCRAM monitor. He had less than three weeks left as far as wearing the ankle monitor when he was told there was a hit showing he had been drinking on a particular day. He was working and has a solid alibi but his probation was revoked anyway. The judge said the SCRAM bracelet was accurate and he even tested the things himself and they were never wrong. His case is now being appealed and he finally has a court date in September.

In my experience judges tend to defer to the SCRAM monitor being accurate. That doesn't make it impossible to beat but make sure to hire a competent defense attorney. It sounds strange they would place him on the SCRAM without the charges being related to alcohol so you might want to look into that. Good Luck!

Follow me: This answer does not create a legal relationship.

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI