Skip to main content

Harassment by supervisor

Chicago, IL |

My supervisor is harassing me at work,disrespecting me,when I reported him to my director and HR he is denying everythig so they are not doing anythik about that.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You may have a cause of action against your employer and/ or your supervisor. It is important to document the instances you view as harassment. It is also important that you seek legal counsel to discuss the details of your situation as the law varies based on the type of harrassment alleged and the type of entity the employer is (i.e. private v. government agancy).


I tend to agree with my colleague. You may also want to visit the Illinois Department of Human Rights, which is the administrative agency in Illinois that can investigate instances of harassment (including sexual harassment) and discrimination in the workplace. I've appended the web address for the Agency so that you may look into the resources available to you there as well. I'm hopeful this helps.


It depends on what the harassment is. You need to discuss the particulars with an attorney who handles employment law. Most will discuss the first time for free.

Employment topics

Recommended articles about Employment

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer