Hairstyle for a court appearance?

Yreka, CA |

Hi, I am to go to court in a couple days for a very minor case(a marijuana infraction, to be precise), and was wondering if it would be ok to go with semi-long hair. It's only semi-long(not even shoulder-length) and styled such that a ponytail isn't really a possibility. Do I have to cut it, or would it be ok as is?

1. Clean and combed should suffice.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

2. You need to look presentable to the Court, showing respect. Be professionally dressed, no jeans, no jewelry, no body adornments, no tattoos exposed, soft spoken, humble and polite.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

3. You never get a second chance for a first good impression. Don't look like Fabio, conservative is always best for court.