Hair follicle drug test in child custody suit

Asked almost 3 years ago - Denton, TX

the father of my 19 mos old is requesting sole custody and temporary custody now. hes called CPS on me and when they tested me both tests came back negative. i fully expect him to ask the court to hair follicle test me during the temp orders hearing. if he has to put a motion in before hand, will that information be known to me in the summons for court or will i be surprised with it the day of. the case is in collin county texas

1. Kamryn Maris Caldwell

Answered . I have seen Collin County judges order hair follicle tests on the spot. I recommend that you consult a family law attorney who practices in Collin County on a regular basis. Collin County often does things different from surrounding counties. Good luck!

2. Marilyn Hamilton

1

Answered . What difference does the timing make? If a Judge issues a court order, you will have to comply according to the Judge's direction as to time, place, & manner of drug test. If you have an attorney, ask your attorney. If you don't have an attorney, you would be well advised to get one.