Hair follicle drug test in child custody suit

Denton, TX |

the father of my 19 mos old is requesting sole custody and temporary custody now. hes called CPS on me and when they tested me both tests came back negative. i fully expect him to ask the court to hair follicle test me during the temp orders hearing. if he has to put a motion in before hand, will that information be known to me in the summons for court or will i be surprised with it the day of. the case is in collin county texas

1. What difference does the timing make? If a Judge issues a court order, you will have to comply according to the Judge's direction as to time, place, & manner of drug test. If you have an attorney, ask your attorney. If you don't have an attorney, you would be well advised to get one.

This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship. This communication offers general information based on the limited facts set out in the question, and does not constitute the giving of legal advice. For specific legal advice, consult an attorney in your state who is knowledgeable in this area of law.

2. I have seen Collin County judges order hair follicle tests on the spot. I recommend that you consult a family law attorney who practices in Collin County on a regular basis. Collin County often does things different from surrounding counties. Good luck!

This attorney can be contacted via email at kcaldwell@caldwellakin.com or via phone at 817.305.7170. The above answer does not constitute, and should not be construed as, legal advice.