Hague Convention in Divorce Cases

I am separated from wife for last 5 years after 3 months marriage. We do not have any kids. My wife is now residing in India. She has not visited US at all. I am resident of PA for last 4 years. I want to file for divorce. If I have to serve her divorce papers, Is it mandatory that I have to go through Hague Convention? What are the other options to serve summons.

Levittown, PA -

Ronald Glenn Lieberman

Ronald Glenn Lieberman

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Haddonfield, NJ

You need to follow international protocol. So, your best bet is to retain an attorney who is familiar with international law.

DISCLAIMER This answer is provided for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site cannot be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices law in the State where this offense is charged; and, who has experience in the area of law you are asking questions about and with whom you would have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question, or in the State where this charge is filed.

Joyce J. Sweinberg

Joyce J. Sweinberg

Personal Injury Lawyer - Langhorne, PA

You really need to retain an attorney to handle this for you, if you want it done properly and want to have a valid divorce. Best of luck to you.

JOYCE J. SWEINBERG ESQUIRE
Attorney at Law
105 A East Maple Avenue
Langhorne PA 19047

215-752-3732
jjsesq@comcast.net

Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice. It is merely intended to provide general information to aid the poster in finding answers to the problem posed. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. In most cases, it is best to contact an attorney directly to find answers to your problems.