Had rare stroke blood clots in brain on bcp 15 years non smoker no high blood pressure can i sue birth control company

Copiague, NY |

on long island ortho novum 1/35 on disability for life lost everything 47 years old help

It would be prudent to immediately contact an attorney with expertise in the birth control field.

The information provided does not constitute legal advice and is presented without any representation or warranty whatsoever, including as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. Always contact an attorney when seeking legal advice. www.risman-law.com / www.TrueFightLaw.com

do you know of a good one to call

I am not licensed in NY. However, when you picked up your prescription, you most likely received the package insert which says that this medication increases the risk of this type of event. In addition, there may be other reasons that you had a stroke such as family history, etc. Make sure that you speak to your doctor about your risks for a cardiovascular event, but it is unlikely that you have an action against the drug manufacturer.

You can seek a medical opinion or contract a medical malpractice attorney immediately. It may be difficult to show that the medication caused the injury, but that possibility can be examined.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.

I know a great medical malpractice / products liability lawyer to refer to you. Give us a call 1-877-996-6849.

do you have that # or name

Michael J Palumbo

Michael J Palumbo

Yes call me and I will give it to you

You would want to have a local defective drug lawyer investigate.

A known risk of this drug is stroke. It is also more dangerous for people over 35, so why were you prescribed it at age 47? Unknown if you had other risk elevating factors. I don't know if you have a products liability suit as much as a potential medical malpractice action against the prescribing MD, as often MDs are lax in monitoring synergistic effects of other drugs in combination or assessing risk factors of patients when prescribing drugs. See a med mal atty as well.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.

would you know anyone who would be able to help me

Every oral birth control pill comes with a warning of the potential for a stroke and or blood clots. The fact that you had a stroke and clots may be from poor medical care if it involved the misdiagnosis of any pre-stroke signs or symptoms by your physician. If this happened more then 2 1/2 years ago the time to sue the doctor has expired and if the stroke was more then 3 years ago the time to sue the manufacturer has also expired. Do you still have the pills and did anyone test them to determine that the pharmacy gave you the correct prescription?

stroke 1/5/11 gyno 11/10 do you know of anyone who might help me with this matter thanks

Joseph Gerard Dell

Joseph Gerard Dell

There is still time on both possible cases. I would be happy to review your records for you to determine if there is a case. I can be reached at (516)880-9700 or (516)732-0802. We will need the pharmacy records, the OBGYN records, and the hospital and neurologists records. Then we can hopefully answer any questions you have.

your girl never called me back with appt to see you?????

Joseph Gerard Dell

Joseph Gerard Dell

call her now at 516 880-9700

Various other factors may come in to play, you may want to, check the Internet to see whether this has been a frequently occurring side effect and what medical research materials are available online.
Ultimately,a consultation with an attorney with experience in both medical malpractice and pharmaceutical products liability experience is the most prudent advice available.