Had problems at UK immigration before -- how can I avoid problems in the future? Do I have anything to worry about?

I am a US citizen with a "boyfriend" in the UK. I use the term boyfriend very, very loosely as we're not in any sort of committed relationship. The 1st time I went to visit him was in Feb. 2012. I made a mistake of lying about why I was there. I messed up. After a few moments of talking to the agent, I panicked and told her that I had lied, so she pulled me to secondary. After awhile of questioning, she let me in the country. I went to visit him again in May 2012. That time I received extra questioning but I wasnt put in secondary. i was let in. I want to go back and see him in Jan 2013 for 2 weeks and again in July 2013 as I already have set vacations during those months. I am worried that the UK won't let me in because I visit so much. How can I avoid being denied entry?

Albany, NY -

Emily Katherine Allen

Emily Katherine Allen

Immigration Attorney

The attorneys here on AVVO practice US immigration law. You'll need to contact an immigration attorney in the UK to have your question answered.

Sponsored Listing
J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

Attorneys on Avvo practice US law. They cannot advise you on the laws and requirements of other countries.

You need to contact an attorney in the country in question.

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Immigration Attorney - San Diego, CA

Only a UK "sollicitor" can help you in UK law matters. That's not us.