Had a slip and fall at Kroger, injuries were severe muscle spasm in back....what's a good compensation for pain and suffering?

Rocky Mount, VA |

Went to emergency room and seen family doctor twice due to muscle spasm....missed a week of work.

There are just too many factors to give you a range. You mention nothing about liability and what you fell on and how long it had been there. Without liability, there is no compensation. I wish I could give you a range, but it is not a formula and every case lives and dies on its own merit.

Rather than look for a quick answer, consult a local personal injury attorney for a thorough review of your matter. As was previously stated, you must first establish liability before your damages even come into play.

You've asked this twice and my answer remains the same. Too difficult on this site to answer. You need to consult a personal injury attorney in Rocky Mount to fully discuss it.

Attorneys on Avvo donate their time and your feedback is appreciated. Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful" to your questions.

A plethora of factors go into putting a number on a case, so have a local personal injury lawyer evaluate it. Avvo has a terrific "find a lawyer" tool to locate a top-rated Avvo lawyer with a low contingency fee.

Lee Alan Thompson

Lee Alan Thompson

now there's a word we don't see often

This is not a forum that will address your specific questions about your claim and the compensation you should derive from it. You really need to obtain the services of a personal injury attorney. Most will offer a free initial consultation. Talk to a few and then select one that is experienced and you feel comfortable in working with. If you do not know one, use this forum's Find a Lawyer tool at the beginning of the website. Sorry to hear of your slip and fall and wish you a speedy recovery. Best of luck.

Mr. Crosner is licensed to practice law in California and has been practicing law in California since 1978. The response herein is general legal and business analysis.. It is not intended nor construed to be "legal advice" but rather it is analysis, and different lawyers may analyze this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.