Had a severe car acciden2 wks ago and 2 1/2 years a go i had a curused hand injury in a garage door. The attny who wants

Asked almost 2 years ago - Sarasota, FL

to handle the car injury case wants me to start a case with him to sue the home owners ins. for all the injuries I have from my RSD and all med trouble from this garage door injury. The car accident was not my luck someone left a full size tire in the middle of a 3 lane interstate. I was going the full speed of 70 behind a SUV who I did not know why they were weaving in the middle of the road in front of me and then when the tire got past the SUV and then close to me I tried to avoid it. my car ended up clear to the other side of the interstate hitting the side railing and then landing back into the interstate again. Can this attorney have a garage door case? Should I interview other Atty's for a possible garage door case? My er bills for the car have exceeded 10K

1. David Irving Shiner

Pro

14

Answered . There is no reason why the same lawyer can't represent you in both cases. Just make sure you have confidence in him/her. Good Luck

2. Barry A. Stein

Pro

13

Answered . Speak to your attorney infull about both cases. You may have a claim for the garage door injury. The car accident claim is difficult, as you have described it. Hire whomever you have confidence in to handle the claims.

3. John Michael Phillips

12

Answered . Both sound like good cases and it is often best to have the same lawyer handle both. It is very important to pick a lawyer who is qualified and knows the ins and outs of RSD / CRPS, as -as you know- these are serious cases. We would be happy to be interviewed and help or answer any other questions you have- www.knowthelawyer.com or 800-6-know-law.

4. Jeffrey Mark Adams

11

Answered . There is nothing wrong with speaking to more than one attorney before settling on one. In fact, it can very useful. Just understand that there is no "best". There is best for your case. Who you are most comfortable with and confident in; assuming you speakin with qualified personal injury attorneys. Good Lu k.

5. Matthew A. Dolman

Pro

7

Answered . The same attorney can handle both claims. It is imperative that you discuss the respective claims with your attorney so he/she may understand the origins of all injuries. Florida has a standard jury instruction for aggravation/exacerbation claims. Thus, the second accident may have aggravated/exacerbated much of your pre-existing pathology.

Further, the attorney handling your auto accident must obtain all of your prior records including but not limited to the garage door claim in order to distinguish your injuries.

I wish you the best of luck.

Matthew A. Dolman, Esq.
    www.dolmanlaw.com