Had a misscarriage within 72 hours of a car accident is insurance company liable

Asked over 1 year ago - Thomasville, NC

i was in a car accident ended up in hospital 2days later in labor resulting in a miscarriage

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Jeffrey Mark Adams

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Sorry for what has occured. I think you mean is the insurance company for the car that hit you responsible for your loss. The simple answer is it depends upon whether your physician will relate it to the trauma. Contact a local and qualified personal injury litigation attorney and do not speak with the insurance company. Good luck.

    Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and... more
  2. John Locke Milholland IV

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Avvo Email - Rated Professionals. Expert Advice.Liability depends on many factors, mainly the wrongdoing of another and/or your insurance policy. Insurance companies are generally not labeled as liable even though they pay. It is the negligent driver who is liable for the proximate and foreseeable damages the negligent acts cause.

    If your policy has uninsured or under insured coverage, that may apply depending on the circumstances of the other driver.

    Generally, there a lot of unknowns about your scenario to provide any specific information. You should consult an attorney if you think there is someone liable. The sooner you contact someone, the better.


    The response is not intended to create an attorney client relationship. It is for informational purposes only and does not contain specific legal advice. The response is bade on the limited facts provided. Additional or different facts may lead to a different response. To the extent legal advice is provided, it applies only to North Carolina, the jurisdiction where Locke is licensed to practice.

    **Disclaimer** I am licensed to practice in North Carolina. I practice out of Raleigh and Wake County. This... more
  3. Christian K. Lassen II


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If it can be attributed to the accident, then the negligent party would likely be responsible.

    Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  4. Michael Shemtoub

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If you can relate the loss to the accident then you may have a case. You should contact your physician and follow that up with a call to a local attorney.

    Check out my website below and give me a call for a free consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-2752 or you can email me at Michael@Kingofpersonalinjurylaw.com

    www. KingofPersonalInjuryLaw.com

    I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

    Check out my website below and give me a call for a free consultation if you are a California resident 877-427-... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,782 answers this week

3,078 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,782 answers this week

3,078 attorneys answering